Who are we?
The PeakLoft – Boutique B&B for Athletes
4987 La Gleize-Stoumont
BE 0759 701 129
The PeakLoft processes personal data in accordance with this privacy statement.
As manager of The PeakLoft, we attach great importance to the privacy of our guests. Therefore, we believe it is important:
- That the identity of our visitors is protected.
- That you know what information we ask and collect from our guests, and why we need it.
- That you know that the personal data we receive from our guests is treated with the necessary caution.
- That you know what we do with your data, how and how long we keep it.
- That you know we do not share the obtained information with third parties, with the exception of what is required by Belgian Law.
What personal data is collected?
When you visit our website, we store certain data about you in statistics (Google Analytics). That data includes the browser type, IP address, the operating system you use and the domain name of the website that referred you to our website. We use these statistics to analyze the surfing behavior of our visitors. Based on this we can optimize our website for our users. The statistics are completely anonymous.
When you stay at The PeakLoft, you become not only our guest, but also our customer. Therefore, we require the following information from each guest:
- Contact details: first name, last name, address, telephone number, e-mail
- Personal details: nationality, date and place of birth
- Billing details: if applicable
- If children under 18: only first name, date and place of birth
- Arrival and departure dates and times
- Any preferences or wishes
- Questions or comments during or after your stay
We do not collect sensitive information such as data on race, ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health or sexual orientation.
When is your personal data collected?
Your personal data may be requested and processed by us at three times:
- When you make an information request, either via email address or via the contact form on our website
- When you confirm a reservation via email
- When checking in for your stay in our B&B
Why is your personal data collected?
We collect and process your personal data for the following purposes:
- Customer administration
- Follow up and management of reservations
- Invoicing and payment
- Marketing and personalized advertising
- Optimization of our services
- GDPR – General Data Protection Regulation
When you subscribe to our newsletter, we store your email address. We need this to be able to send you the newsletter. Your email address is stored securely with Mailchimp. Mailchimp secures your data and is part of a certified EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and therefore respects your privacy.
Only The PeakLoft uses your data. We do NOT share your data with third parties.
How and how long will your personal data be kept?
We make every effort to keep your data safe during the period that we use it. Personal data should of course not be kept longer than necessary, depending on the purposes for which they are processed. The retention period may therefore differ depending on the purpose.
If an information request has not led to an effective reservation within 1 year, this data will be deleted.
What are your rights?
Right to access and rectify, amend or delete data
At any time, the customer can request and inspect all personal data we collect from them. Any incorrect or incomplete data can be amended or deleted.
Right to be forgotten
The customer can have their data deleted from our databases at any time.
Right to lodge a complaint
If the customer believes that we have processed their data unlawfully, the customer has the right to lodge a complaint with the Privacy Commission at http://www.dataprotectionauthority.be/citizen